We design literature reviews to meet your needs, dependent on the questions you need answered. Systematic literature reviews are appropriate when you need to answer a clearly-formulated question, when reproducibly is important, and to meet formal HTA requirements. Our experts also have the experience to offer guidance and conduct other types of literature reviews that are intended for a specific purpose such as informing your GVD or determining input parameters for an economic model. We can also conduct umbrella reviews to gather and evaluate information across multiple systematic reviews and meta-analyses to help your team understand the continually evolving body of evidence in a particular disease or treatment area.
High-quality literature reviews can help you:
- Establish definitions, etiology, and diagnosis of a disease
- Understand epidemiologic, humanistic, and economic burden of a disease
- Determine treatment guidelines and patterns in clinical practice
- Identify clinical and cost effectiveness of comparator treatments
- Formulate best practices in economic modeling methods in a disease area
- Develop economic model inputs including resource use, cost, and utility estimates
- Identify health disparities among marginalized populations
Because literature reviews often serve as the foundation for follow-on research, it is imperative that they are done well and with scientific rigor. From preparing the search protocol to conducting the search and review and extracting results, our rigorous, quality-controlled processes consistently ensure high-quality reliable deliverables. At RTI Health Solutions, senior researchers oversee all literature reviews to ensure that only the highest quality information is used to inform your HEOR and market access strategies.
|Targeted Literature Review||Systematic Literature Review|
|Reasons for Conducting||
|Example||A study to demonstrate HRQOL burden, economic burden, or unmet need||A study to understand the efficacy of a treatment of interest versus relevant comparators|
|Potential Deliverables||Internal Report, GVD, AMCP Dossier, HTA Submission, White Paper, Manuscript, Abstract/Poster||Internal Report, HTA Submission, Meta-analysis, White Paper, Manuscript, Abstract/Poster|