We are currently seeking candidates to fill the position of Senior Research Economist in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina USA. The position is part of the Health Preference Assessment (HPA) program. HPA has a reputation for conducting high-quality preference research in a collegial working environment. The HPA Group specializes in developing surveys to elicit and quantify preferences of patients, physicians, and other health-care stakeholders for features and outcomes of medical and pharmaceutical interventions using rigorous stated-preference methods. The studies apply discrete-choice experiments, threshold technique, best-worst scaling, contingent-valuation and other preference methods. HPA staff members are internationally recognized thought leaders in this research area and their work is published in high-level clinical and health-economic journals.
- Lead and manage projects and project tasks as part of a project team
- Design and develop surveys
- Develop statistical analysis plans
- Analyze discrete-choice and other stated-preference data
- Prepare technical reports and manuscripts
- Write proposals and communicate with study sponsors during all phases of a project including presentations to study sponsors and at industry and academic conferences
- A PhD in a quantitative social-science field such as economics, transportation, patient-reported outcomes, operations research, or statistics with at least 5 years professional experience or a Master’s degree in one of these fields with at least at least 10 years professional experience.
- A strong academic and/or professional record
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Experience in supervising survey-research projects
- Quantitative research experience
- Proficiency in discrete-choice analysis and/or other stated-preference methods
- Familiarity with statistical software packages including Stata, SAS, Limdep, Matlab, and/or Sawtooth software